Welcome to the Team
If you’ve been by the shop the past couple of weeks, you may have already met OMJ’s newest executive stylist, Cross. Cross joined us last month from Los Angeles and brings years of experience in both the fashion industry and fine suiting. While OMJ is known for great custom suiting, we also have been looking to expand further by offering a next level luxury suiting experience. Think, the finest fabric mills like Loro Piana and Zegna, made in Italy, made completely by hand and specialty fabrics (Vićuna, diamond chipped, gold stripes etc..). Our core offering will not change, and this new line won’t be for everyone, but we are thrilled to expand our capabilities and serve a broader niche. We can finally say we are truly one of the best brands doing custom suiting America!
- How did you get into custom menswear/wardrobe consulting? (I noticed a distinct fit on a client and he sold me on the concept of custom wear. I tried it and was hooked after slipping on my first full custom sports jacket, which I still wear to this day.)
- What brings you to Charlotte? (Being close to people I love & the Carolina vibes)
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own? (My Half lined Portofino Tweed Sports Jacket with suede throat latch)
- Who are some of your style role models/inspirations? I always like how David Bowie was able to effortlessly integrate high fashion classic styles while being fashion forward, and maintaining his rock star image.
- What’s an unusual/interesting fact about you? I’m a Grammy featured singer/songwriter & scored a full length film featured on Amazon Prime.
- What’s your most memorable professional experience? Everything from creating complete custom wardrobe solutions for a 325 lbs. + NFL lineman who has highly unique body composition and likes to go loud with his fashion, to a talk show host on HBO that wears highly traditional suits but demands a specific fit.
- What unique perspective/value do you offer your clients? Listening carefully helps me to solve lifelong fit problems, fabric problems, and style complications, etc. I also like to open up the color palette of what is possible, functional, yet practical. I’m looking for ways to have clients gain a fresh perspective on their style based on what they are actually passionate about or trying to accomplish.
Swing by the store and welcome Cross (Back to) to Charlotte. As a special gift, the first 10 people who book an appointment with him will receive a complimentary custom shirt with purchase.